can't please em all

 Sometimes i wonder - do I come across as a push over? i hope I do. 

when one blogs, it doesn't matter how many people read it - its the potential that everyone in the world could read it that lends it some sort of metaphysical weight. So, when you live in a small country like New Zealand, you really really have to watch what you say and REALLY watch what you write!

I quit writing reviews a couple of years back but am thinking about jumping back onboard the ' opinion' bus (must be a bus - a loser cruiser for matty all the way) for dunedin 2021. And why not? Or perhaps better - 'why'? why do anything? Well, my reasoning is this - if there is an artist out there that deserves to be hailed, then they deserve en-hailment (en hail mon). But boy oh boy watch what you fucking say. Last thing I need is some sensitive ego punching me. My response would be weak. I'm not a good fighter.

See, theres a gig tonight. I could go there as the mindless punter that i am, or i could go as 'the critic'. But thats too much esteem for a boy like me.

What am I? Come on inform me what i am so I understand myself better. In a place like this - anyone who writes opinion is a type of  'nark.' Thats one of the things people often think i am. Especially when i visit Wellington. That and a dickhead.  And what else . I'm the bad guy. Thats schizotypal personality disorder. Thats all the fun under the sun. The kiwi sun. Oh and all men are dicks. Every. single. one. of. them. I'm the bad guy. 

So really im not sure if my mental health is really up to the ego-game that is 'music journalism'. Maybe here and there ill pen(is) a review. But they'll be extremely, well not cryptic, no, they'll be 'opaque'. 

Does that make sense? Does anything I say make sense? Does anything out there make any sense? 

Paper work. Paper work makes sense.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crude, wolfskull and consolidated fuzz lodge maori review

pleasing them