Nought. That quantifier. Nought. That valiant quality. Nought. Or is it nowt. Out with the tendrils. They're sexually frustrated tendrils. No one will be ripped in. No one. "Your old friends are getting older , and your new ones dont know at all" king loser lyric. Poignant in this our socially mediated age. Dare I criticize the commies? Dare I criticize the fascists? What do we leave behind us. Just guff. Just excreta, fairest brown biologic mank. I wait for the bus and hope that some vision of perfection trundles by. One just did. Pity about the light. Pity about my filthy cascades of scalp skinner. I'm losing my touch and it's called aging and it's too bad. Not that I got anything or any anything when I was on form so really, big deal. Makes no difference. Cake away. Choke don't. Spit it out the mank and the filth
You have artists and then you have artists . William Henry Meung is an artist. A prolific recording artist with a backcatalogue of works on a raft of thee coolest cassette LP and cd labels nationally and internationally. In this instance it's ' chemical imbalance' r ecords..Whats going on here? What am I doing? Rationating opinion yet again? Why yes, lets put this cassette on. First track - 'Jasper Bookends ' - the spirit of early Otago peninsula tape culture, lilting guitar lines, ponderous, not in the least onerous. Next track ' macrocarpas ' , darker now, the ruffle and squelch of wah-wah, finger pickings, culminating in a type of descending form. ' Gusten' is where the fun really begins as the feedback wails all sick and flammable, bleeds over dark brooding lo-fi line. My sense of balance is eroded here. You are called upon to throw your self away and this next track 'mxcdm +the fair weather friends ' bawks forward with synthetic d...
Comments
Post a Comment